Two hospitals in Tallapoosa County, as well as other hospitals in the region, provide excellent healthcare services to area residents. Specialized healthcare services are offered at larger hospitals in nearby Montgomery and Birmingham.
Lake Martin Community Hospital
Lake Martin Community Hospital is a 46-bed acute care facility in Dadeville (Tallapoosa County). The hospital offers emergency medicine, family medicine, general surgery, home health services, hospice services, and plastic surgery. The hospital also has a wellness center and a specialty clinic.
Russell Medical Center
Russell Medical Center is located in Alexander City (Tallapoosa County). The hospital was listed among the "Top 100 Hospitals" by Thomson Reuters in 2011 and has also been ranked among the "Top 100 Hospitals" by U.S. World and News Report. The hospital has 81 beds with 48 on-staff physicians and features all private rooms. In addition to general care, the hospital has a Cancer Center partnering with UAB Medical Center, Sleep Disorders Center, Total Fitness Center, Women's Center, and Medical Park Family Care facility. The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Other Nearby Hospitals
The following hospitals are located near Coosa and Tallapoosa Counties.
Baptist Medical Center East
- Level II NICU
- Therapy center for occupational, speech, and physical therapies
- Baptist Breast Health Center
- Endoscopy Center
Baptist Medical Center South
- 454-bed facility
- Largest medical center in Montgomery
- JCAHO accredited
- Tertiary care center
- Regional neonatal ICU
East Alabama Medical Center
- 384-bed facility
- Located 25 minutes from the Dadeville Industrial Park
- Has been ranked as "Top 100 Heart Hospitals in the U.S." by U.S. News and World Report.
- Services include cardiac, cancer, orthopedics, women's and children's care, and general medical care
- 344-bed facility
- Ranked among the largest hospitals in Alabama
- Services include cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's and children's care